International Journalism Festival (International Journalism Festival)
– does not publish advertising banners, does not use external advertising trackers;
– uses third-party services for specific features of the site, such as: social buttons to allow users to share posts on favorite social media, and YouTube videos to enrich the news;
– consent to the use of data is conferred through the banner at the bottom of the page, and in some cases through the contact forms or request services, and is revocable at any time.
Below is more detailed information on the processing of your personal data.
Detailed Privacy Notice
In compliance with the obligations deriving from European legislation (General Regulation for the protection of personal data No. 2016/679) and national law regarding the protection of personal data, this site respects and protects the privacy of visitors and users, by putting in place every possible and proportionate effort not to harm user rights.
On what basis we treat the data
The consent is collected through the banner at the bottom of the page, or through the appropriate buttons set up with the activation modules of the various services (eg contact form).
The provision of data and therefore the consent to the collection and processing of data is optional, the User can refuse consent, and may revoke at any time a consent already provided, through the browser settings for cookies, through the appropriate link prepared in the e-mails of the newsletter, or by sending a request to the Owner through the contact link at the bottom of the page. However, denying consent may make it impossible to provide certain services.
How we use the collected data
International Journalism Festival deals with the realization of the annual cultural event dedicated to journalism, and all related initiatives. To best perform this task we need to have a website optimized and functional, to allow you to get quick and easy news about events, meetings, debates and interviews. Therefore the data we collect are also used for the following purposes:
– Statistics (analysis)
We collect data in an exclusively aggregated and anonymous form in order to verify the correct functioning of the site, and the use by users to make it easier and faster to consult. None of this information is related to the physical person-user of the site, and does not in any way allow identification.
We collect data in order to protect the security of the site (spam filters, firewalls, virus detection) and Users. The data are recorded automatically and may also include personal data (IP address) that could be used, in accordance with applicable laws, in order to block attempts to damage the site itself or to harm other Users. These data are never used for the identification or profiling of the User and are periodically deleted.
– Accessory activities
We communicate data to third parties (consultants, lawyers, shippers) who perform functions necessary or instrumental to the operation of the service, and to allow third parties to perform technical, logistical and other activities on our behalf (eg mailing, analysis data etc …). Suppliers have access only to personal data that are necessary to perform their duties, they undertake not to use the data for other purposes, and are required to process personal data in accordance with the regulations in force.
What data we collect
IJF collects data in two ways.
– Data collected automatically
Some data are collected automatically by the software on which the site is running and by the server on which the site is hosted.
For example, technical data such as IP address, browser type, internet service provider, date and time of visit, time spent on site, page of origin and exit. Other data is collected using cookies or similar technologies. For more information read the paragraph “Cookies”.
These data are used for statistical purposes and do not allow the physical identification of the User. The IP address is used exclusively for security purposes and is not crossed with any other data.
– Data provided voluntarily by the User
The site can collect other data in case of voluntary use of services by users, such as contact and communication services:
name and surname;
address of physical residence;
possibly telephone number and portrait.
These data are provided voluntarily by the User at the time of requesting the service, when it is proposed as a speaker or volunteer, and will be used exclusively for the provision of the service requested and processed only for the time necessary to provide the service.
Users exempt this site from any liability for any violation of laws. It is up to the User to verify that they have permission to enter personal data of third parties or contents protected by national and international regulations.
Where the data is processed
The data collected by the site are processed at the headquarters of the Data Controller, and at the web hosting datacenters (Italy). The web hosting Aruba S.p.A., which is responsible for processing data processing the data on behalf of the holder, is located in the European Economic Area and acts in accordance with European standards.
For how long data is stored
The data collected are processed for the time necessary for the purposes for which they were collected, and in any case not later than the time prescribed by law. At the expiry date the data will be deleted or anonymised, unless there are further purposes for the storage of the same.
The collected data are processed for the following periods:
– statistics and analysis purposes: the data are processed in an aggregate and therefore anonymous form
– security purposes: 30 days
– online publication: data (image and name) are published online (subject to consent) for the promotion time of the event, and then for about 1 year until the occurrence of the next event
To whom data can be transferred
In carrying out our activities we may have to transfer some data to third parties who perform specific tasks instrumental to those of the site, for the execution of security checks or optimization of the site, or for the provision of a specific service requested by Users (es Hotel reservation or means of transport, shipments), or for a legitimate request by the judicial authorities only in the cases provided by law.
Data transfer in non-EU countries
We may have to share some of the data collected with services located outside the EEA (European Economic Area) area. In particular to Google, Facebook and Microsoft (LinkedIn) through social plugins, to the service of Google Analytics.
The transfer is authorized on the basis of specific decisions of the European Union and the Guarantor for the protection of personal data, in particular Decision 1250/2016
Privacy Shield: http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/IT/TXT/?uri=CELEX%3A32016D1250 –
Here the information page of the Italian Guarantor: http://www.garanteprivacy.it/web/guest/home/docweb/-/docweb-display/docweb/5306161
Here the site edited by the US Department of Commerce: https://www.privacyshield.gov/welcome).
Therefore, there is no need for further consent with respect to the legal basis used for collection and processing in the EEA. The companies mentioned above guarantee their adherence to the Privacy Shield.
IJF uses the following cookie categories:
– analysis cookies, used to collect information, in aggregate form, on the number of users and how they visit the site. They are assimilated to technical cookies being the relative anonymized service.
– profiling and remarketing cookies, used exclusively by third parties other than us to collect information on user behavior during navigation, and on consumer interests and habits. Possibly third parties can use them to provide personalized advertising on their partner sites (IJF does not host advertising), but these functions can be disabled directly by users (see details of individual services).
How you can refuse or revoke consent to cookies
THE DISABLING OF COOKIES COULD PREVENT THE CORRECT USE OF SOME FUNCTIONS OF THE WEBSITE, in particular the services provided by third parties may not be viewable:
– YouTube videos or other video sharing services;
– social button social networks;
– Google maps.
The instructions for disabling cookies, and for the possible elimination of cookies already present on the User’s device, can be found on the following web pages:
Microsoft Internet Explorer https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
Apple Safari https://support.apple.com/it-it/HT201265
This site acts as an intermediary for third-party cookies, used to provide additional services and features to visitors and to improve the use of the site, such as buttons for social networks or Youtube videos. This site has no control over the cookies of third parties, and how to use the information collected, as a result of this information on the use of these cookies and their purposes, as well as on how to disable them, are provided directly by the third parties to the pages indicated below.
It is recalled that generally the tracking of users does not involve identification of the same, unless the User is already registered for the service and is not already logged in, in which case it means that the User has already expressed his consent directly to the third party when registering for the relevant service (eg Facebook).
– Google Inc.
For information on the use of data and their treatment by Google, it is recommended to read the Google information: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=it
And to the page on how to use data by Google when using sites or apps of partners: https://policies.google.com/privacy/partners?hl=it
– Google Analytics: used to analyze the use of the site by users and their behavior on the site. The collected data do not allow personal identification of users. They are treated in an aggregate and anonymised form (truncated to the last octet). Under the appropriate agreement, Google Inc. is prohibited from crossing this data with data obtained from other Google services.
Data collected: browser identification, date and time of interaction with the site, page of origin, IP address.
Place of data processing: European Union being active the anonymization of the service.
Further information on Google Analytics cookies can be found at the following page: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage
You can selectively disable the action of Google Analytics by installing the appropriate component provided by Google on the browser (opt out): https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
– Youtube: platform, owned by Google, for video sharing. Cookies are set when accessing the embed page, and when the video starts, and do not allow the identification of the User unless it is already logged into the Google profile. For some videos on the site has been activated the “advanced privacy https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/171780?expand=PrivacyEnhancedMode#privacy (no cookie)” option that does not provide for storing visitor information unless they voluntarily reproduce the video.
Data collected: number and behavior of service users, IP address, information linking site visits to the Google Account for users already logged in, preferences on displaying videos.
Place of data processing: USA.
– Google Maps: Google service that offers road maps and localization for urban businesses. Set cookies on map pages.
Data collected: number and behavior of the users of the maps, information on the page displayed, preferences on the display (zoom level, etc …).
Place of data processing: USA.
Social network plugins
IJF also incorporates plugins to allow easy sharing of content on your favorite social networks.
When you visit a page of our website that contains a social plugin, your browser connects directly to the servers of the social network from where the plugin is loaded, which server can track your visit to our website and, if necessary, associate it with your social account, particularly if you are connected at the time of the visit or if you have recently surfed one of the websites containing social plugins. If you do not want the social network to record the data relating to your visit to our website, you must exit your social account and, probably, delete the cookies that the social network has installed in your browser.
The collection and use of information by these third parties are governed by the respective privacy policies to which reference is made.
– Facebook https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/ (cookie information link https://www.facebook.com/help/cookies/)
– Twitter https://twitter.com/privacy?lang=it (information link cookie https://support.twitter.com/articles/20170519-uso-dei-cookie-e-di-altre-tecnologie-simili-da -part-of-twitter)
– LinkedIn http://www.linkedin.com/static?key=privacy_policy&trk=hb_ft_priv (cookie information link https://www.linkedin.com/legal/cookie-policy)
– Google+ http://www.google.com/intl/it/policies/privacy/ (cookie information link http://www.google.it/intl/it/policies/technologies/cookies/)
Other third-party services
– Knight Foundation: non-profit organization that promotes journalism and media innovation. Link to privacy information: https://knightfoundation.org/privacy
IJF treats the data of visitors / users in a lawful and correct manner, adopting the appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, modification or unauthorized destruction of data. Processing is carried out using IT and / or telematic tools, with organizational methods and with logic strictly related to the purposes indicated.
We are committed to protecting the security of your personal data during their transmission, using the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software that encrypts the information in transit.
What rights do you have regarding the data processed by us
As interested in the treatment Pursuant to European Regulation 679/2016 (GDPR) and art. 7 of Legislative Decree 30 June 2003, n. 196 http://www.garanteprivacy.it/web/guest/home/docweb/-/docweb-display/docweb/1311248, you can exercise the following rights:
– object in whole or in part, for legitimate reasons, to the processing of personal data concerning you for the purpose of sending advertising or direct sales material or for carrying out market research or commercial communication;
– request confirmation of the existence of personal data concerning you (right of access);
– know its origin;
– receive intelligible communication;
– have information about the logic, methods and purposes of the processing;
– request the updating, correction, integration, cancellation, transformation into anonymous form, blocking of data processed in violation of the law, including those no longer necessary for the pursuit of the purposes for which they were collected;
– in cases of treatment based on consent, receive only the cost of any support, your data provided to the holder, in a structured and readable form by a data processor and in a format commonly used by an electronic device;
– file a complaint with the Supervisory Authority (Privacy Guarantor – link to the Guarantor’s page http://www.garanteprivacy.it/web/guest/home/docweb/-/docweb-display/docweb/4535524);
– as well as, more generally, exercise all the rights that are recognized by the current provisions of the law.
Requests should be addressed to the Data Controller
Subjects of the treatment
The data controller in accordance with the laws in force is Il Filo di Arianna S.r.l., which can be contacted at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or at the address via Assisi 93 (06089) Torgiano (PG), Italy
The data controller is Aruba S.p.A., as the hosting manager that processes data on behalf of the owner. Link to the privacy notice: https://www.aruba.it/informativa_arubaspa.pdf