This session will try to answer the following questions:
- What are the main definitions of “terror attack” in the international media?
- How can media organisations get ready to react to terror attacks?
- How can individuals get ready to cover terror attacks, whether correspondents, journalists, editors or managers?
- When a terror attack happens, what are the immediate steps media organisations should take inside and outside the newsroom?
- What are the follow-up steps to be taken by media organisations?
- What are the security risks in the field?
- What are the ethical red lines during and after the coverage?
- What role can social media play?
- What can media organisations gain and/or lose during and after such coverage?
This session is organised and sponsored by the Flair Media Consultancy.